Prof. Dr. Erich Schäfer
Senior Fellow at the ISÖ - Institute for Social Ecology
Prof. Dr. Erich Schäfer is a professor for methods of adult education at the Department of Social Affairs at the Ernst-Abbe-University of Jena and a founding member of the ICO – Institute for Coaching and Organizational Consulting.
For many years he has been a member of the ISÖ, the Social Ecological Society.
- 1981 – 1985 freelance lecturer in adult education and further education
- 1985 – 1990 research associate at the University of Bielefeld
- 1991 – 1994 Head of the Center for Continuing Education at the University of Magdeburg
- 1994 Appointed to EAH Jena
- 1995 – 1997 Vice Rector for Study and Teaching (FH Jena)
- Since 1995 founder and chairman of the institute for further education, counseling and planning in the social field (iwis e.V.)
- 1988 – 1991 Spokesperson for the subject group “adult education” in the Gesellschaft für Medienpädagogik und Kommunikationskultur (GMK)
- since 1992 board member and 1998-2002 Vice-Chairman of the Working Group ‘University Adult Education’ (now the German Association for Continuing Education and Distance Learning)
- Member of different committees and institutions:
- in the Pedagogical Committee of the Thüringer Volkshochschulverband
- Member of theThuringian Consortium for Adult Education
- Teaching Coach and Coach (DGfC)
- Director of the 2016 accredited master’s degree course “Coaching and Leadership” at EAH Jena.
- Organizational consultants of institutions and associations
- Implementation of iwis-quality tests at recognized institutions of adult education according to the Thuringian Adult Education Act as well as the Thuringian community media
Future scenarios of the assistance to the elderly in Schleswig-Holstein 2030/45 (Moderation in future workshops)